Thursday, April 22, 2010

2:22

Just got off the phone with Libby. We haven't really talked since A WEEK AGO! The Kaspers left last Friday for a big trip to Disney World, and got back yesterday afternoon. She did call me twice while she was away - both times when she had gone back to the hotel room to let Logan nap, but those were quick calls.

M: Is it totally awesome?
L: It's totally awesome!
M: Remember to put sunscreen on you and the kids!
L: Okay, love you bye!

I could hear her rolling her eyes - that usually doesn't make any noise, but big sisters have special hearing. It allows us to hear the true story, under the exciting embellishments. And we can hear a silent plea to not scold our baby sister for playing volleyball less than a month after getting a nose job. Not that I'd have any experience with those things...

So the very first thing I said to Libby, after not talking for a week was very important.

M: Oh my gosh! I have to tell you about my battery searching adventures!
and with genuine enthusiasm, Libby asked me to tell my stories.

So the boys got remote control cars for Christmas from Nana. I'm really pleased with the ones we picked out, they're VERY durable - perfect for our rough and tumble boys.



We took them outside the other day, but we hadn't put rechargeable batteries in them at Christmas, and 4 months later, the alkalines were pretty kaput. I went inside to rummage for some batteries. We've been trying to make the switch to only rechargeables, but as soon as we buy more, they're in something - I need a better system. But at this moment I was simply searching for any AA I could scrounge up.

I looked by my charging station, and found 2, but I needed 12. I looked in all 3 junk drawers. I looked in the toy boxes. In desperation, I looked in my nightstand drawer. I pulled it all the way out, just to be sure and VOILA!

From Apr2010


From Apr2010


Nope, not batteries, but pretty exciting, because this is pricey stuff, and I knew my mom had bought us a fresh container at Christmas time, but when we unpacked in January, it was nowhere to be found. Woohoo!

Eventually, I found enough batteries to re-power one car, and the boys were content to share - one driving and the other building ramps and other obstacles.

From Apr2010


From Apr2010


Alas, this might have been the end of the Battery Adventures, but behold, nye! That very eve whilst my betroved and I prepared our marriage bed for slumber...

We could not find one of the batteries to the DVD player remote. None of our remotes have backs on them. It's the gnomes, the ones who hid the salve, the 'other' sock and everything else that disappears. So I got down on my side of the bed to see if it fell under there... and VOILA!

From Apr2010


Nope, again, not the battery. But another long lost object. When Logan and Maddi stayed with us 2 months ago, this sippy cup disappeared within hours of their arrival. We searched high and low. We cleaned like crazy, because we had the boys' birthday party that weekend. And just last week Libby and I decided that it must have made it's way into the diaper champ and been thrown out - because we just couldn't stand the thought of thinking about it being in one of our homes, curing the funkiest cheese ever.

From Apr2010


Who knows if this is the end of the Battery Adventures? Somehow, I feel the saga will continue...

1 comment:

  1. so how was that cheese ???

    I can just see them in a few years ....each with a cast on one arm and building ramps for their skateboards !!!

    ReplyDelete