Monday, May 17, 2010

2:23

Ok so things have been crazy – Logan is FULL on 2 getting into everything – last week we left him alone for 2 minutes in which time he got a hold of a knife and cut his finger, lucky for us God was watching and it seems to be healing just fine – thank goodness since Ryan and I were both too embarrassed to take him to the doctor. This was only hours after he had gotten into the fridge and cracked an entire dozen eggs on to my kitchen floor – again it could have been worse but it wasn’t – I think that God is trying to tell me something – BUY DUCT TAPE !!
This morning Maddi woke up not feeling 100% and since we had a long weekend with dad out of town and “too much to do” I let her stay home. We had a pretty laid back day – which can be not good considering I now have two kids totally full on energy and its 3 o’clock in the afternoon. So in an effort to get them out of the house I decided to take a bike ride to the Best Buy to get a new charger for my phone which had died about an hour before. So I loaded the kids into the Burley, since Maddilyn informed me that since she was too sick to go to school she was for sure too sick to ride her own bike. However being too sick did not stop her from having FruitLoops for breakfast, and watching Winx Club instead of taking a nap. I got about half way there when I realized that my front tire must have a leak, since I had just filled up and it was again low. I stopped at the gas station to fill it up, and I push the little thing down on the little thing on my wheel when I realized that the station was out of air and now so was my tire. CRAP! So while channeling my inner “hot babe” I strolled into the station batted my eyes and asked for help, thank goodness I had changed out of my baggy t-shirt and into a tank top before leaving the house. Two guys came out to help “helpless me” when one of them said “this is an OLD huffy, I used to steal these was I was a teenager!” Thanks dude since I wasn’t already feeling old! He worked some magic and filled my tire and I was on my way. I made it to Best Buy got my charger and a few snacks for the kids and headed back to the house. Feeling like crap, trying my hardest not to flag down a cab, I pushed on, I was about half way back when a man in a red Jeep honked and shouted “you’re hot” out his window, now since my husband is 500 miles away in Chicago I knew it wasn’t him, I wasn’t sure if I should be flattered or disgusted. I guess a little part of me – who am I kidding a huge part of me, was flattered, after all I was drenched in my own sweat pulling 70 lbs of my own flesh and blood behind me (no not my butt- my kids) and he still thought I was hot!!
I guess the moral of the story is even though it’s old, and has a little flat tire, doesn’t mean it’s not HOT!

1 comment: