Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2:12

One of the great things about a big extended family is all the clothes that get passed around. Libby and I are the youngest of 5 children (see how I pair myself up with 28 year old Libby? even though I'll turn 30 in July, I don't think I'll be officially in my thirties until Libby turns 30 in November 2011.) My mom has 14 grandchildren - so there are plenty of hand-me-downs and keepsake clothes around. Dan's mom also saved some clothes from when Dan, his brothers and cousins were young.

There is just something so special about seeing a younger child in clothes that used to fit an older child. It's emotional, I'm not even sure why. the memories? the tactile 'proof' of how much the hander-down has grown?

Here's Logan last week:
From pattern fair and richardson nature center


Here's Xander in May of 2008:


I wanted to post a whole bunch of pictures of kids wearing the same clothes, but the last few days have been rough, Sera caught a stomach bug so I've had to pull the "nurse" hat out of the mom box. Also, this resulted in quite a bit of extra laundry. So we'll have to make this a returning segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment