Friday, January 22, 2010

2:9

First things first: A friend of mine's blog has been nominated for blog of the year! Katie's husband Chris was in the same program as Dan at the Yale School of Drama. We had group wife activities and when I was pregnant with the boys she bought me an adorable change purse made out of a baby sock.

Katie chronicles her life as a wife and new mother on her blog and she is hilarious! I always love to see her at the top of our blog roll when she writes a new post, because I know I'm in for a treat. Here's one of my favorite entries: There is No Modesty in Motherhood. Classic Katie and laugh out loud funny.

So please vote for her blog "Confessions of a Young Married Couple" in this years bloggies! It's the last category, so you have to scroll all the way to the right.

Back to me! We love to make shakes at our house. They're quick, easy, the kids like them and they suck down 2 servings of fruits and veggies happily. Libby thinks it is cruel for me to call something with vegetables in it a 'shake' and is sure I will get some adolescent rebellion down the road. Time will tell, but in the mean time, here's a peak at how it all comes together.

The boys help peel the bananas and Sera showcases the green beans that are going to go in the shake:
From January 2010

Then the boys put the bananas and some green beans in while Sera tastes and contemplates the green beans
From January 2010

This is what Sera thinks of the green beans
From January 2010

From January 2010

Here are the bananas and green beans, but we need some more ingredients
From January 2010

From January 2010

The blender is pretty loud
From January 2010

I put a little milk in the cups, before I add the shake and stir it up and then a blissful quiet calm takes over the house.
From January 2010

Then 5 minutes later we have full bellies and smiling faces!
From January 2010

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure if you should have published this information-child services could come after you for food torture....especially if the people at child services don't like green beans!!! Actually I think it is really a neat way to get good food into those babies!

    ReplyDelete